10 July 2009

Haiku

If I faithfully retold everything that has been happening over the past three months, Blogger might implode from the amount of code. I was too wrapped up in projects, essays, vocabulary tests, volleyball games, trips to Six Flags (ok, just one), progress reports, packing, and traveling the world to stop and write. I would like to share a sense of the many wonderful experiences I have had, though, so I decided to boil each down to haiku. Here we go.

Ah - one more thing first. I've taken too many photos to share, but you'll find more pictures on Facebook. You can access albums here:


Thawing

explosion of green
bugs, birds, and leaves return
attention drifts outside

A boy tries to get past two girls guarding the flag in a girl vs. boy game of Capture the Flag


7th Grade Trip

walking through DC
fifteen students, two teachers
3D history

7th grade makes an attempt to pose for a class picture with Abe


End of the Countdown

graduation time
hasty packing, hugs, goodbyes
now we clean the dorm...

7 of this year's 11 dorm students pause with two dorm parents for a picture before graduation


Gallivanting

escape to Europe
churros y tapas: Madrid
no alarm clocks, please

Lark and Evyn are visible across the courtyard of Lark's Madrid apartment building, where basil grows on the bathroom windowsill and the laundry line stretches from one window to another


England

hop across the pond
penguins, family unite
Shona is driving!

Shona practices driving during her final days before taking her driving test (which she passed two days after I left)


West Coast Road Trip

beauty overload
trees, coast, hikes, winding roads, new friends, power bars
(too much for haiku)

Catherine and I greet the "big spruce tree" in the Hoh Rainforest, Olympic National Park

1 comment:

Ryan Kingsbery said...

I'm definitely going to give this blog post a 10 on the creativity scale. Well done! Maybe I should start writing haikus about seals and Michael Jackson thriller videos.